Steps to reproduce:
- Open Slack
- Doesn't show message to enable desktop notifications
- Check Slack preferences, not available there
- Check https://www.bennish.net/web-notifications.html to see if notifications even work
- When try to authorize it says "Notifications are not available for your browser."
- Check MacOS Preferences -> Notifications
- There is option to Allow Notifications, but can't enable Badge Icon and Sound options
Banner is shown to enable Notifications, can Allow or Deny, like all MacOS apps that require notifications
Orion, OS version; hardware type:
Orion: Version 0.99.109.1-beta (WebKit 613.1.12)
MacOS: Monterey 12.1
Hardware: MacBook Pro Early 2015
Slack message in preferences
Chrome Notifications settings
Orion Notifications settings
- Only extension I'm using is Ublock Origin
- I had similar issues with other browsers like Min. Min didn't even show up in Notification settings.
- If it's problem with my OS, do you know how to resolve it, perhaps?