Vlad Just wanted to chime in my support for this feature request + anecdotes.
I use keepass for self-hosted password storage/syncing and on iOS I have Strongbox setup for autofilling natively instead of the iCloud keychain. Works wonderfully there.
On desktop however, I use a different keepass client app (KeeWeb) and its chrome extension for autofill since I use Brave and only Safari currently supports the native autofill on mac... After much effort though, i've not been able to get the extension to work with Orion.
This is really the last & biggest hurdle keeping me from moving over to Orion.
Put simply, in my case native autofill support would enable the benefits of:
- (obviously) integrating with the native & more secure password system
- being able to use Strongbox's native-first apps on both iOS and macOS
- not running an, admittedly small, electron app (KeeWeb) on desktop at all times
- not having to depend on a browser extension for autofill at all
- having autofill password access system-wide not just on the web
- making it instantly both practical and beneficial to switch to Orion full time
Adding native autofill support would, in web browsing contexts, be a silver bullet in my quest to optimize & streamline the overall desktop env + workflows following my recent upgrade to a new M1 macbook.