Steps to reproduce:
- Visit a site that uses a service worker (for example reddit.com)
- Notice that in the CPU tab of Activity Monitor, a new process appears - "Orion Service Worker (reddit.com)"
- Close the reddit tab.
- Wait several minutes.
- Note that the service worker process is still open and running.
- Visit some other sites that use a service worker (e.g. caddy.community) and the same is true.
- After a period of time, a number of service workers will be left running, for now-closed sites.
I am guessing that these old service workers should be closed after the last tab is closed, or shortly thereafter. Since they don't seem to be purged, I guess these will slowly use up 12 MB (approx) each, until you do a clean close/reopen of Orion.
Version 0.99.109.1.3-beta (WebKit 613.1.12)