Steps to reproduce:
I have 2 profiles set up, one is the default main, the other is work. For work profile I have 2 named windows - "Main Work" and "Private Work" (private/incognito window).
- I opened and focused the work profile
- Opened File > Profiles > Manage profiles (Main Work showed "No Windows" on the File > Profiles menu, even though I had 2 windows open. When viewing profiles under Manage Profiles it said 2 windows, 9 tabs for my Work profile)
- Right click on the work profile, Take Snapshot
- Close one tab in "Main Work" window for work profile
- Go back to Manage profiles, right click Work profile > Restore Snapshot
What I observed: the "Main Work" window got closed, and it switched to the "Private Work" window, which reloaded the tabs. I had to reopen the "Main Work" from File > Profiles > Work > Windows > Work > Restore. It restored to the same state as before restoring the snapshot - the window I closed after taking snapshot was gone, so snapshot did nothing except close my main window.
What are snapshots even supposed to do? I would expect it to restore tabs and windows to state when snapshot was taken.
Restoring snapshot should restore tabs and windows to the state when snapshot was taken.
I should also be able to delete a snapshot, preferably from the same context menu as Take Snapshot, Restore Snapshot. Option Delete and Restore should not be present if there is no snapshot present.
Orion, OS version; hardware type:
0.99.121.1-beta (WebKit 614.1.20), iMac 24" M1, macOS Monterey 12.6 build 21G115