I don't know if it is as significant as the recent private window data leak, but it is still of a big privacy concern.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open Orion for normal session
- Open private window (either new one or named stored one, I have option "Orion opens with" set to "All windows from last session")
- Go to normal window and open Gmail, login if necessary
- Pin the tab with rightclick on tab > Pin Tab, the tab jumps to the left and shrinks in width
- Switch to the already opened private window and it will show there as well, if you switch to the tab, it will be logged in with the same session
- If you close a private window and/or open a new private window, it is correctly missing the pinned tab, but as soon as you make a fresh pin, it will appear again.
Tabs and pinned tabs should stay separate for private window, in fact pinning tabs makes no sense in private window sessions, even if you name the private window. Also, nothing should transfer sessions from normal window to a private window.
Orion, OS version; hardware type:
Orion 0.99.121-beta (WebKit 614.1.20), iMac 24" M1, macOS Monterey 12.6 build 21G115