Orion is retaining some website data for private window sessions, even after you close all private windows and relaunch the browser. What data is retained is unknown, because there is currently no way to view this (at least I don't know where to see it without visiting the website again).
Steps to reproduce:
I made sure to have the setting Orion opens with set to "All non-private windows from last session", just to be sure that is not letting through data to be retained.
- check under Settings > Privacy > Manage to make sure the domain you're testing it on is not listed, also helpful if you never visited the domain before (I had less than 30 domains listed here to begin with)
- Open new private window (cmd+shift+n)
- Open google.com to make sure the auto suggestions are not preloading the page you're testing with, just in case
- Search for your domain, in my example: dagbladet
- Open the first link (dagbladet.no)
- Close private window (I closed with the red dot)
- Close Orion with cmd+q
- Relaunch Orion
- Open Settings > Privacy > Manage
You will now see your domain listed, even though you browsed it in private window (in my example dagbladet.no)
No website should ever store any cookies, or any kind of data if I only browse them in a private window without downloading files, bookmarking or storing passwords.
Orion, OS version; hardware type:
Orion 0.99.120.1-beta (WebKit 614.1.20), iMac M1 2021 24", macOS Monterey 12.6
This is quite a serious privacy issue. Even if it doesn't retain any data, it is still leaking and retaining what websites you browse to those that may inspect the browser on the computer.