Steps to reproduce:
- Install Privacy Redirect from firefox addon store as a way to reproduce this, although I think that it is a browser level bug for reasons explained below.
- Give it permissions for the day (or forever, whatever you want)
- Visit twitter.com in the browser
- Site redirects to (for example) nitter.net, as the extension is meant to.
- Orion URL bar still says twitter.com
- Certificate button in URL bar correctly shows cert for nitter.net
The URL bar displays the origin of the browser window, not what it "thinks" it should be.
This may have security implications, since the user is on a different site to that displayed. I imagine it requires an extension for this to happen, but it is worth checking out, in case JS or similar can meddle with the displayed URL, or change page without the URL bar updating.
Orion, OS version; hardware type:
Version 0.99.112-beta (WebKit 614.1.1), also affects today's new RC.