Steps to reproduce:
- On a blank window (no page loaded) the Address field shows search hint centred
- When user clicks inside Address field, search hint shifts to far left, where the user's cursor is inserted, awaiting user input
- Select New Window or New Private Window (or use kb-shortcuts)
- Cursor is automatically inserted in field
- Observe Search hint shown in 2 separate locations in the Address Bar (i.e. centred search hint is not hidden before left-aligned instance is shown)
Search hint should only be shown on far left of Address Field, where the user's cursor is automatically placed, ready for their input / centred search hint should be hidden immediately upon field focus, before the left-aligned instance is shown.
AND/OR when new window is created the centred instance should be skipped altogether as the cursor is automatically inserted in the Address field.
Orion, OS version; hardware type:
macOS 12.1 (21C52)
MacBookPro16,1 (6-Core Intel Core i7)